Wednesday, April 20, 2011

She makes me smile

The other night we took an after dinner trip to H.ome De.pot to look at kitchen stuff (an upcoming remodel is in our near future). S starts hooting and hollering with both arms waving even as we approached the store entrance. Pretty soon she was waving to every person we passed shouting sweetly "Hiiiiiiii" with a huge smile on her face. Of course most people stop in their tracks and wave, smile and say hi back followed by a fair amount of S oodling. But the rare person just pretends to ignore her without so much a nod in her direction...despite the fact that she is literally screaming hello to them as if they were a celebrity. Even when she didn't find someone to greet she was busy looking in both directions with one hand in the air giving her best princess wave. Desperately seeking her next victim. The whole thing is a riot. Needless to say she is the only person in our family to enjoy the H.ome De.pot.

Then tonight I am driving along and hear her saying "hi, hi" to me from her car seat. So I glance into my rear view mirror and see her holding her board book up over her face just so she is barely peeking her eyes out from under it. Of course I say, "peek-a-boo" and then she quickly covers her face completely with the book. I look again and she is peeking at me from around the side of the book. "Peek-a-boo" Her little grinning face tells me that she is pretty smitten with herself for this new trick. I know, I know, don't crash the car right?! J already warned me about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment